Sunday, February 3, 2008

"The SAMBAR"!!!

I totally forgot I had this existing blog. When I wanted to create a new one, I realised I already have this one.
It was an interesting day today!!! Kapal Bhati,'OM',meditation, mushroom n shepu curry,cups and cups of tea, and finally "the SAMBAR"!!!!I always found sambar like south indian king.Dont know why, may be i thought its little difficult to prepare. After rasam, tomato chutney, groundnut chutney, coconut chutney, dosa, and upma, I thought of giving justice to the degree of south indian I recently achieved. And did"the SAMBAR" under the guidance of Sudhu!!!It turned out to be real sambar and it was hard to belive. Hmm its not that difficult..Here's what I did:
Goal: Sambar that Arun makes.
Procedure:Oil, mustard seeds + toor daal + chana daal + green sliced chillies + curry leaves +garlic + square cut onion + chopped tomatoes -fry, add sambar powder + salt + tamrind paste, , add well mashed toor daal, good amount of water and keep boiling till it tastes and smells like SAMBAR!
Result: Very near to the goal. Smile on everyone's face.
Future scope: Please suggest if you think of any.
Currently, 29 Gulab Jamuns are in sugar cyrup and cannot wait for tomorrow!! Dont know how they are going to be distributed among 5 of us. I need to get up early.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

30 gulab jamuns... They must have made for a great feast!!

The sambar looks inviting..but if I was there, I would pass that for a few extra gulab jamuns.

Anonymous said...

hey arch,

am waiting for more entries. and i am soooooooo happy i have someone to work along, teach and learn something from.. thanks a ton!!!

pinky :)

Anonymous said...

romba nallairki....